For Immediate Release
August 13, 2020
For Additional Information Contact:
Leslie Rossway Swan
4375 43rd Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32967
Election Day Reminders for the August 18 Primary Election
Indian River County, FL – Below is all the information voters should know before heading to the polls on Tuesday, August 18, 2020, for the Primary Election.
- Election Day polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. You must vote at your assigned polling place on Election Day.
- The Supervisor of Elections office will be following the CDC COVID-19 guidelines at all polling locations.
- FLORIDA RUNS CLOSED PRIMARIES: Registered Republicans will receive a Republican ballot. Registered Democrats will receive a Democratic ballot. Voters who are registered with no party affiliation are not eligible to vote in partisan races.
- Voters must present current and valid, photo and signature ID when voting, such as a Florida Driver License. If voters do not present proper ID, they may vote a provisional ballot.
- To verify your polling location, visit VoteIndianRiver.com and select “Find My Precinct” or call 772- 226-3440.
- New registrations and party changes may not be accepted for this election. Party changes and new applications were due to the Supervisor of Elections office by July 20, 2020.
- Voters who have moved into Indian River County from another Florida county should report their new address to the Elections Office before Tuesday, August 18, 2020, to expedite the voting process.
- Election results will air on cable channel 13 in Vero Beach, cable channel 25, and U-verse channel 99 in Sebastian and on the Indian River County Government cable channel 27.
- Up-to-the-minute election night reporting will also be available at VoteIndianRiver.com. Simply select the Live Election Results link. Results will be updated periodically throughout the evening until all precincts are counted. For the most up-to-date results, remember to “refresh” the webpage.
- Voter turnout statistics are also available prior to and throughout Election Day. Select the Voter Turnout link to view a summary of mail ballot, early voting, and Election Day turnout. Statistics may be filtered by party, date, or precinct.
# # #