Indian River County Supervisor of Elections is here to help you file for office.
What is included in the filing process?
To become a candidate, official forms must be filed with the appropriate filing officer.
- Division of Elections for state, multi-county, district and judicial offices (except county court judges)
- Indian River County Supervisor of Elections for county court judge, countywide offices and special districts (except Sebastian Inlet tax district)
- Municipal Clerk for municipal offices
STEP 1 - File Your Intent
File with the Election Center the Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository using Form DS-DE 9.
This form MUST be filed prior to opening the campaign depository, accepting contributions, making expenditures, or circulating petition forms. Filing your intent for candidacy is not complete until filing forms are accepted and date/time stamped by the Indian River Supervisor of Elections.
Special District candidates are not required to file DS-DE 9 or open a campaign account unless you collect contributions or make expenditures for anything other than the filing fee or petition verification fee. (Section 99.061 F.S.)
STEP 2 - Acknowledgement of Requirements
Within 10 days after filing the Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository, you MUST file a Statement of Candidate. Form DS-DE 84
Judicial candidates MUST also file a Statement of Candidate for Judicial Office: DS-DE 83.
STEP 3 - Choose One of the Following Qualifying Methods
1. Petition Process: Form DS-DE 104. (Section 99.095 F.S., Rule 1S-2.045)
2. Pay Qualifying Fee: (Section 99.092 F.S.)
3. Write-In Candidate: (Section 99.061(4) F.S.)
STEP 4 - Qualify During the Official Qualifying Period
Official Qualifying Office: Indian River Supervisor of Elections
4375 43rd Ave., Vero Beach, FL 32967
For additional information contact the Supervisor of Elections at 772-226-4700