To be eligible for the FSE Scholarship the student applicant shall:
- Be either a Political Science/Public or Business Administration or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have been a resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No postgraduate or second-degree students.
- Be at least a junior in college, or have enough credits for enrollment as a junior prior to the application deadline.
- Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
- Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities as well as what you have done for your community.
- Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form, can just send a statement of their financial need).
- Have maintained a "C" average or above for the previous year.
- Be available for personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
- BE REGISTERED TO VOTE. (Written verification required by Supervisor submitting an application where you are registered to vote.)
Scholarship must be given to a student attending a Florida university or college which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The scholarship check will be made payable to the school which they will be attending.
- Must be received by the Elections Office in the county that you are registered by March 8, 2024.
- Letters of recommendation MUST ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION OR BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE.
- 2024 FSE Application for Scholarship
Each County's Supervisor will review all applications received and select one finalist to be sent to the FSE Scholarship Committee, along with a letter of recommendation for the applicant. The FSE Scholarship Committee will select (3) three winners $1,200 each) from the finalists submitted from the Supervisors. A student who has received the scholarship award may submit a second application of the following year.
Indian River County Supervisor of Elections Office
4375 43rd Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32967