- The requestor is not obligated to fill out any forms, give his/her name, reason for the request, or sign for the request.
- Payment is due in advance for all public records requests. Acceptable forms of payment are cash or check. Checks should be made payable to: Indian River County Supervisor of Elections. All returned check fees will be the responsibility of the requester.
- Requests for public records will be fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Documents containing exempt information will have the information redacted and the Florida Statute number stating the reason for the redaction.
- Extensive use charges will apply for any request that exceeds 30 minutes. This includes, but is not limited to, tasks such as the time it takes to search for hardcopy records, computer research, remove exempt data, photo copy a record, on-site inspection, photocopy redaction, protection of the records during inspection, and re-file records.
- Inspection of records will take place during normal business hours. Records will be made available as quickly as is practical after a request is made.
- Data requests will be given in the media format used by the Indian River County Elections Office. Special media format requests will not be honored.
- Records/Data requests can be mailed if requested. Additional postage will be estimated and paid in advance. If postage is less, a refund in the form of a check will be issued.
- Retention and disposal of public records is in accordance with the current General Records Schedule for Election Records and General Records Schedule for Local Government Agencies, as established by the State of Florida Bureau of Archives and Records Management.
The Indian River County Supervisor of Elections Public Records Request Policy is based upon the following Florida Statutes:
97.0585, 98.045, 101.5607, 101.62, 106.07, 106.0706, 106.25, 119.07 and 119.011